8.20.2011

8.16.2011 - Five Months Old

I'm a little late in posting this - we've been out of town this past week, so I'm now playing catch up.  I can't believe it!  Little guy is almost half a year old!

Stats:  Unknown.  
Fortunately, we haven't had any recent doctor's appointments, but that means that, unfortunately, we have no official stats.  I know that Cale is growing and continuing to chunk up...we've had to put lots of clothes away that no longer fit.  That is always a little sad for me - it's the most tangible thing I have to validate that he is indeed growing up.  Because I see him everyday, the changes aren't as drastic for me as they are for those who go weeks in between seeing him.  His precious double chin and thigh rolls are becoming more pronounced every day.  :)



Gotta love that huge grin!



Cale loves to feel different textures.  In fact, as he falls asleep, he usually rubs his crib sheets as a self-soothing technique.  I just love those precious little pudgy hands...when he is feeling something, he gets this very serious look on his face, like he's concentrating...




Everything is still continuing to go into his mouth!  The most recent favorite - his shirt collar.  He is OFFICIALLY teething (he just cut his first tooth - bottom left), I think it feels good to chew on cloth and his collar is conveniently always there when he needs it.  Let's hope this goes away when all of his teeth come in!  One of my biggest pet peeves is older children (ages 5+) who chew on their clothing! :)




We introduced the sippy cup a few weeks ago - for fun - and he completely LOVES it now.  In fact, sometimes he throws a mini tantrum when we take it away.  He holds it really well, but we're  still working on the thumb grip. 



Solid foods are going  well.  He's really caught on and now he likes for us to shovel food in his mouth.  He is now eating squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, apples and peaches.  We tried pears, but I think he broke out with a little rash so we aborted the pear mission.  We'll try again in a few weeks to see if he has an allergy to pears - sure hope not.

The other night, I was feeding Cale some sweet potatoes.  He loves sweet potatoes and couldn't get them in his mouth fast enough.  He was a little tired and is teething - lovely combination.  At one point, he put his fingers in his mouth (typical teething move) and then rubbed his eyes and face.  
This is the end result:


I have to put this picture in here just to document one of my favorite things.  I L.O.V.E. the back of Cale's head full of hair.  I think it's hysterical that he looks like he is balding.  Funny thing is, he's slept on his tummy since he was two weeks old, so I don't know what has made the very back hair fall out.  I also love his hair line across the back of his neck.  His little sprigs of stick-straight hair are precious.


Cale has become attached to some new toys lately.  He loves his jumper!!  We got it as a shower gift (thank you, Carrolls & Davises), but I just pulled it out of the box a few days ago.  He'll spend quite a bit of time in it.  I think he likes being able to stand on the floor in it.

He loves his wooden blocks.  Really, he loves to knock them all over and spread them all over the floor. I'm secretly praying that we'll see early signs of his engineering/building skills in the next few months.



Cale really loves balls...especially the VTech learn and groove ball.  When he pushes the buttons, the ball shakes, rattles, and rolls all over the place.  It has a few tunes too.  Surprisingly, it's not too bad to listen to either.

He loves his little car...well, actually... he loves the green acceleration gear on his car.  Uh oh!  Are we going to be in in trouble when he turns 16??!?

(Please note his right hand clenched and close to his body.  This is Cale's tale-tell sign that he is ready for a nap.  Isn't that funny.  If we're in the car and he's sleepy, he always grabs his car seat harness with his right hand.  Oh, the Cale-isms.)


This next series of pictures gives a perfect glimpse into what everyday life looks like with our active little boy...


And, just so I'll remember, we officially took the plunge and transitioned Cale to a convertible car seat.  He's such a big boy and was busting out of his infant carrier.  He has much more room in his new car seat.  Whenever we go somewhere, he loves to listen to "Hide 'Em In Your Heart" Cd's.  It is a little strange, as I grew up listening to that CD too - it's  a little crazy to be on the parent side! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment