9.23.2012

Eighteen Months Old & The Dallas Arboretum

18-Month Stats:
Height: 33" with a growth spurt on the way! (80th percentile)
Weight: 25 lbs (50th percentile)

Cale is eighteen months old!  I think I'll keep counting his age by months, because to say he is 1 1/2 years just seems way too grown up!  After teaching fourth grade for five years before I had Cale, I hoped and prayed that the Lord would allow me to be a mom to a boy.  Besides the fact that I was able to witness and referee a ton of girl drama that starts around fourth grade, I just loved the boys' energy and really just their "boyness".  The Lord was so gracious to give me a boy, and I am so thankful!  There is something so precious about the relationship between a boy and his mom.
  
Cale is communicating so much these days.  It's so great to be able to "converse" with him on some level.  I am noticing some of Cale's babyisms fading away and being replaced by little boy antics.  I am finding myself rocking him a little bit longer at bedtime, because I don't know how much longer he is going to let me do that.  He has been so affectionate lately, giving me and Adam hugs and kisses all the time.  He has also become quite the wrestler...he LOVES to climb on his daddy when they are on the floor together.

He is very interested in older children and babies right now.  Anytime he sees older children playing, he desperately wants to join in.  When he sees an infant carrier or a little baby, he is so curious and wants to see him/her, but if I'm the one holding the baby, he gets SO jealous! :)  Cale has started to imitate a lot of what we do.  He uses wooden spoons to "stir" in pots and pans.  He loves to brush his own hair and put on his own pajamas.  He always wants to use a fork to eat, and often wants to drink from adult cups.  When he doesn't want to do something, he'll shake his head no.  When I ask him a question and he likes that idea, he says, "K!"

Cale has officially dropped his morning nap, and although that means I'm even more worn out by the end of the day, I have enjoyed having our morning available for playdates, errands and activities!  He usually wakes up between 7:30-8am, naps from 1:30-4pm and goes to bed between 7:30-8pm.  My biggest challenge has been getting ready in the morning.  It takes me a bit longer, since I'm constantly stopping to help him up on my bed, redirect him to other toys, etc..., and the days of uninterrupted showers are long gone! 

Some pictures from a few playdates...

Cale and his buddy, George

Cale and Baxter

We went with some friends to tour the University Park Fire Station...
Cale loved the firetruck!  He climbed right up in it and did not want to get out!

He might have chosen his future career! :)



The weather has been so wonderful the past week, so two weekends ago we took a trip to the arboretum for a picnic.  Cale loved getting to run around and play in the open fields!


 Doesn't he look so grown up?
He looks just like his grandfather (my dad)...



There is a little plantation for children in a section of the arboretum.  Adam showed Cale how to plow and he was so eager to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment